Questions that EoCoE addresses include:
- What role can modelling and simulation play to boost the use of carbon-free energy sources and help to reach the targets agreed at the COP21 climate conference?
- How can we effectively foster and exploit simulation science for sustainable energy production?
- Can the production of energy from solar and wind farms be further optimized?
- Can HPC be leveraged to accelerate the design and deployment of supercapacitors in energy storage solutions?
- How can Exascale computing help to achieve energy break-even in future nuclear fusion reactors?
- Can more accurate modelling of complex surface and sub-surface flows enhance hydropower and geothermal schemes?
This page provides links to the main publications of EoCoE with highlights of the progress achieved by EoCoE in this field via a newsletter, press releases since its launch in October 2015. Documents related to training material or thematic workshops are available via the page ‘Events' for each specific event.
The EoCoE services webpage has been promoted on PRACE website for the Prace User Community.
See the following PRACE News here.
In a joint effort, the two centres of excellence EoCoE and PoP have once again hold a hands-on workshop on HPC benchmarking and performance analysis. It is the third event of its kind and has been held at BSC in Barcelona and has been supported by the French and the Spanish PATCs.