Questions that EoCoE addresses include:
- What role can modelling and simulation play to boost the use of carbon-free energy sources and help to reach the targets agreed at the COP21 climate conference?
- How can we effectively foster and exploit simulation science for sustainable energy production?
- Can the production of energy from solar and wind farms be further optimized?
- Can HPC be leveraged to accelerate the design and deployment of supercapacitors in energy storage solutions?
- How can Exascale computing help to achieve energy break-even in future nuclear fusion reactors?
- Can more accurate modelling of complex surface and sub-surface flows enhance hydropower and geothermal schemes?
This page provides links to the main publications of EoCoE with highlights of the progress achieved by EoCoE in this field via a newsletter, press releases since its launch in October 2015. Documents related to training material or thematic workshops are available via the page ‘Events' for each specific event.
The Centre of Excellence E-Cam will organise a workshop 'Exascale State of the Art workshop' on the 6th and 7th of July in Barcelona.
EoCoE has been invited to make a presentation on our perspective on applications toward Exascale. Matthieu Haefele from Maison de la Simulation will present the results achieved within EoCoE at the project mid-term and explain the exascale strategy followed by EoCoE on Friday the 7th.
More details can be found here.
EoCoE in partnership with PRACE organizes a three days workshop dedicated to scientific applications towards exascale at CINES, Montpellier, France. The general topic will be HPC applications on new architectures with a specific focus on the Intel Xeon Phi Knight's Landing processor (KNL) as the KNL based PRACE PCP machine will be installed at CINES by that time.
Wednesday October 4th 2017
The workshop will be held at the CLORA facilities in Brussels (http://clora.eu) on June 15, 2017 from 9:00 to 17:30. There will be talks from experts from both the HPC and the energy sectors as well as ample space for round-table discussions.
The EoCoE services webpage has been promoted on PRACE website for the Prace User Community.
See the following PRACE News here.